background

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Another Summer Salad

Marinated Cucumbers borrowed from Everyday Mom's Meals

2 large cucumbers
2 tsp salt
6 TBS sugar
2/3 c. white vinegar
1 tsp lemon extract

Wash and thinly slice the cucumbers. Combine rest of ingredients and marinate 3 hours or more. Salt and pepper to taste.

*NOTE* My mother in law and I both usually "eyeball" amounts in this recipe. But she did find out the tsp. of lemon extract is the perfect amount and I consulted Cooks.com for exact amounts to make it easier to follow.

5 comments:

  1. YUMMY :)

    P.S. I love love skinnytaste.com I'm making the turkey burgers w/zucchini tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound good and Cool, something pleasant for this hot weather. Following you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue canning jars! Now that would certainly get me excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm i'm gonna have to give these a try. Oh and btw, your comment about how perfect my cookies would be for a girl's PMS treat really made me smile :o)

    ReplyDelete