1/2 c. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 c chili powder
one 16 oz jar Chi Chi's salsa
1/4 c. water
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 lb cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts - shredded
six 10 inch flour tortillas - warmed
1 c Chi-Chi's refried beans
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease a rimmed 15 by 10 inch baking dish
2. In a lg. saucepan saute the onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the chili powder, 2/3 jar salsa, water, cumin, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture into blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Pour back into saucepan and add chicken. Salt to taste.
3. Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon a heaping tbsp of the refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with 1/2 c of chicken mixture. Tuck the ends and then roll.
4. Place the chimichangas in the greased baking pan, seam-side down. Brush all sides with oil.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning every 5 minutes.
6. Serve with remaining salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.